Avocado Beauty Benefits and Homemade Facial Masks
In addition to eating avocados for their high nutritional value and a healthy natural glow, they are also a perfect ingredient for do-it-yourself beauty.
With your next box of California Avocados Direct products, consider making an avocado face mask to soothe dry or sun-exposed skin. Or, give an avocado hair mask a whirl, pampering damaged hair by giving it a boost of nourishment. As a silky, moisturizing fruit, these avocado masks will leave your skin and hair feeling smooth and refreshed.
Avocado Hair Mask
Mash the flesh of one ripe avocado. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix until creamy and then apply to your hair. Leave for 20 minutes and then wash out with a gentle shampoo.
Avocado Face Mask
1/2 medium ripe avocado
1 tbsp. all natural honey
1 tbsp. all natural yogurt
- Mash the avocado with a fork until creamy. Avocados naturally contain a deep penetrating vegetable oil that is perfect for dry skin care. Maybe the most important element of avocado is that it is a good source of potassium, which is known as the youth mineral, so whether you are eating avocados or making a face mask, they can help your skin maintain its healthy and beautiful glow.
- Add 1 tbsp. of all natural honey to the avocado mash. Honey has the ability to kill germs on the skin and can reduce swelling and inflammation, giving the skin a taught and youthful appearance.
- Stir in the natural yogurt. Yogurt is a natural and gentle cleanser and is used in many skin care products. Yogurt also contains lactic acid, which soothes and softens the skin while tightening wrinkles and refining pores.
- Peel and slice two pieces of cucumber to place over your eyes. With natural gentle astringent properties, cucumber is the perfect addition to your avocado face mask, as it cleans, nourishes, hydrates and helps reduce circles underneath the eyes.
- Wash your face gently with warm water and pat dry. Apply a thin layer of the avocado face mask to your face and neck. Place the cucumber slices over your eyes and relax. Allow the mask to set for at least 15 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with warm water, and again, patting dry.
(Source: How to Make an Avocado Face Mask, eHow.com)